Volunteering > Social Media Manager
What you’ll do
You’ll be planning, creating, editing and scheduling Target 2030’s social media content across facebook, instagram and twitter (we can add other channels too if you see an opportunity to engage with a wider audience!). With insightful, well-written content and carefully poised imagery, you’ll ensure we reach new donors and help our existing donor community to live more sustainably.
At first the role will involve some collaboration with me personally, but ultimately I’d love to offer a wide degree of independence. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defining a clear content strategy to grow the right type of audience
- Creating inventive campaigns that can help drive donations
- Helping to define the voice of Target 2030, and ensuring consistent tone across channels
- Developing engaging, cross-channel content
- Creating a content calendar and scheduling content for publication
- Documenting key hashtags and trends to engage with on social media
- Posting content online, and ensuring scheduled content is published as planned
- Engaging with social media audience
- Monitoring success of posts and campaigns
What You’ll Bring
- High levels of creativity and great copywriting skills
- An ability to work independently and manage your projects effectively
- Expert communication skills
- The ability to define and stay on brand
- You enjoy engaging with social media audience members and building relationships
- You care deeply about our planet and stay up to date on the latest climate crisis developments
Nice to have:
- 1+ years of experience using social media for brands
- Photography or graphic design skills
- Relevant degree level studies
When and Where?
This role is remote and can be undertaken from anywhere! That said, a European timezone could be helpful given that I am based in the Netherlands.
I’m looking for someone who is able to commit at least 5 hours per week, and naturally if you’re digging it you can work as much as you like!
This is a volunteer position, so no compensation is offered, other than the feel good factor of helping to fight the break down of our climate and the opportunity to use/develop your social media management skills.